22 Nov The Arts of Healing Foundation Event
The Arts of Healing Foundation Event Sponsored by The CFO Suite – Houston Scalpels, stethoscopes and lab coats were put away as physicians of the Texas Medical Center showed their artistic side on Thursday, November, 9th all in the name of charity. More than 25 physician musicians, tequila masters, and visual artists presented their art, sharing an often-unknown side of themselves. The arts presented served as a bridge, deepening the connections between doctors and the community in which they practice. CFO Suite superstars pictured below: Kristy Boles, Sarah Collins and Kim Parker “The Arts of Healing” is a one-night convergence of art and medicine, sponsored by Houston’s River Oaks District & PaperCity Magazine. With a goal of raising $100k this year, the foundation anticipates 80% of the proceeds to be donated to local Houston Pancreatic Cancer Research and the remaining 20% to be donated to PanCan. It is a unique opportunity for physicians to share of themselves through their art, to convey unspoken words and to give back to the community.